Why is Water Healthy?

Why is Water Healthy?

May 15, 2015

Everybody knows that water is healthy. That’s just what those inquisitive folks might say in those insurance commercials.

But we at Azure Water want to ask: Do you know why it is healthy?

OK. Besides the fun fact that 71 percent of the Earth’s surface is water – the other 29 percent is continents and islands, according to universetoday.com.

More than 96 percent of the Earth’s water is in the oceans as salt water, while the rest is freshwater lakes and frozen in the glaciers and on the polar ice caps. Sixty-nine percent of the Earth’s fresh water is ice.

But while nearly three quarters of the Earth is water, only .02 percent of the Earth’s mass is water.

Water is Essential to Our Survival

Back to the question. While we abide in a wonderfully watery world, we have come to understand how vital it is to our survival and health as carbon-based life forms.

According to the United States Geological Survey, about 60 percent of men’s bodies are water while women are at about 55 percent. The reason: Lean tissue has less water, and according to the U.S.G.S. (and not us), women’s bodies have more fat.

WebMD states that consuming adequate amounts of the fluid every day is essential to maintaining good health. “Think of water as a nutrient your body needs that is present in liquids, plain water and foods. All of these are essential daily to replace the large amounts of water lost each day,” Joan Koelemay told WebMD. Koelemay is a dietitian for the Beverage Institute, an industry group.

“Fluid losses occur continuously, from skin evaporation, breathing, urine and stool, and these losses must be replaced daily for good health,” said Dr. Steven Guest. Guest is a nephrologist with Kaiser Permanente, a managed care organization.

The Secret Ingredient for Everything

Here are 10 reasons from mindbodygreen.com explaining how water helps you:

  • Zip, boom, bang: More energy. Your brain is mostly water so more of it also makes you think better. You think?

Why is Water Healthy?

  • Going small: You lose weight. Water helps remove fat byproducts. It also gives your stomach a filled feeling, so – guess what? – you eat less. It also helps to raise your metabolism.
  • FRUSH-KA-POOSH: It helps flush away toxins through sweating and urinating. This helps by reducing your risks of getting kidney stones or urinary tract infections.
  • Ooh, so soft and supple: It’s great for your skin, giving you that fresh, smooth look. Wrinkles? Water is the best anti-aging secret on the market.
  • Back to the boys’ or girls’ rooms: Water maintains regularity by helping with digestion.
  • Illness-fighting superhero: Water gives your immune-system superpowers – sort of. Regular consumption makes your immune system work better, especially against the lurking villains of flu, cancer and heart ailments.
  • No more noggin’ knockin’: Water is great against headaches, which are commonly caused by dehydration. It also combats migraines and back pain.
  • Ouch, ooch, yikes: Water helps lubricate squeaky joints and parched muscles. Joints move more easily and muscles are more elastic.
  • The hills are alive: Well watered bodies are healthier and happier.
  • No more big bucks: Water is free. Even bottled water is less expensive and far better for you than most other types of drinks, including soda and coffee.

Water: The Nuts and Bolts

Breakingmuscle.com offers these four recommendations to incorporate more H2O into your lifestyle:

  • Going halfway: Drink half your bodyweight in ounces of water. For example, if you weigh 200 pounds, drink 100 ounces.

Why is Water Healthy?

  • Omnipresence: Take bottled water with you everywhere – as a reminder to drink more.
  • Munch much: Eat lots of raw fruits and vegetables, which are water dense.
  • Back to the bathroom: Keep drinking until you urinate frequently and until it’s lightly colored. (We will elaborate no further.)

We hope you found our tips helpful and useful. Buy your very own bottles with specially designed labels and deliciously fresh, pure and healthy water from deep wells in pristine springs in the Ocala National Forest.

Azure Water has a facility in Leesburg, Florida with state-of-the-art equipment that is able to generate 5,000 cases a day. We can produce custom-bottle shapes, and fill, seal and label your bottles. If you are looking to expand your business or have questions about co-packing or our capabilities, contact us.

Connect with us on Social Media:






View @Azure_Water on Twitter
Did you know water is the secret ingredient to everything? http://t.co/hwHBNK44cO
Select this tweet as a Favorite Retweet this tweet to all your Twitter followers. Respond to this tweet from @Azure_Water