How Important Is Drinking Water At The Gym?October 29, 2015
The ancient Persians may have been the first to pack their burlap bags and head to the gym for a hardy workout. Historians believe the idea of a place to go to promote health and vitality through physical activity originated 3,000 years ago.
In essence, gyms are small factories for sweating, breathing heavy, getting fit and trim, gaining weight or building muscle (or a combination of those); gyms are the places to go for shaping and molding bodies into something better, bolder, stronger, sleeker, faster or healthier.
We at Azure Water also know that exercising at a gym requires taking certain precautions to ensure exercise enthusiasts reap the greatest benefits from their routines.
Settling in at the top of the priority list for any health buff is maintaining adequate hydration levels, a fancy set of words for drinking enough water. To make gym visits easier or more convenient, we offer several different bottled water sizes: 8 ounces, 12 ounces, 16.9 ounces, 25 ounces, a 33.8 ounces (one liter) and one gallon.
Keeping Hydrated Works Workout Wonders
But there’s more than the simple convenience of grabbing that bottle of water and heading to the gym. According to www.kingofthegym.com, drinking water at the gym has many benefits.
- Drinking water during exercise helps build muscle and burn fat. The reason: Your body is working at optimal levels.
- Maintaining adequate water levels increases concentration and energy, decreases perceived exertion and fatigue, and elevates moods. Even mild dehydration can sour even the most enthusiastic workouts.
- Inadequate water consumption during exercise can lower training capacity by 10-20 percent.
- Adequate water levels increases fat metabolism. When the kidneys, which serve as the body’s filter, and the liver, which metabolizes fat, are flushed and adequately hydrated, the body processes energy faster and properly. When dehydrated, the kidneys must help the liver burn fat, which slows the process.
- Steady supplies of water help keep bodily toxins on the go – toward the exit. That means cleaner pipes and faster churning fat-burning organs.
- Healthy consumption of water keeps the stomach feeling fuller, which reduces food cravings and hunger pangs. And that means less of a load for the body’s fat burners. A sense of a fuller stomach also means reduced desire to overeat.
- Contrary to conventional observation, more water translates into lower water weight. The body retains water – as a sort of survival mechanism – during times of dehydration.
Azure Water’s facility uses state-of-the-art equipment that can produce 5,000 cases a day, including alkaline spring water and artesian mineral water. We can make custom-bottle shapes, and fill, seal and label your bottles. If you’re looking to expand your business or have questions about co-packing or our capabilities, contact us.