What Can Water Do For Me?November 16, 2015
It is Mother Nature’s mantra – if there were such a thing: Drinking water is good, drinking water is good, drinking water is good!
The whole planet seems to be making that clarion call, and we Earthly inhabitants seem to be heeding the advice – although the debate still rages as to how we are to consume it.
We at Azure Water certainly understand the importance of bottled water consumption; it is the elixir of good health. WebMD provides a list of health benefits that added water consumption produces in your life.
“Think of water as a nutrient your body needs that is present in liquids, plain water and foods,” Joan Koelemay, RD, told WebMD. “All of these are essential daily to replace the large amounts of water lost each day.” Koelemay is a dietitian for the Beverage Institute, an industry group.
Here are the ways (from WebMD) that water benefits the body:
- Steady Now: Water helps maintain the balance of body fluids. “Through the posterior pituitary gland, yourbrain communicates with your kidneys and tells it how much water to excrete as urine or hold onto for reserves,” said Kaiser Permanente nephrologist Steven Guest, MD. Guest is also an adjunct professor of medicine at Stanford University.
- Pounding the Pounds: Water may not be the secret remedy for fast weight loss, but it helps in amazing ways. “What works with weight loss is if you choose water or a non-caloric beverage over a caloric beverage and/or eat a diet higher in water-rich foods that are healthier, more filling, and help you trim calorie intake,” Penn State researcher Barbara Rolls, PhD, told WebMD.
- Muscle Man: Water gives your muscles energy. ”When muscle cells don’t have adequate fluids, they don’t work as well and performance can suffer,” Guest said.
- Skin Deep: Water makes your skin look good. “Dehydrationmakes your skin look more dry and wrinkled, which can be improved with proper hydration,” said Atlanta dermatologist Kenneth Ellner, MD.
- Cleaning the Kidneys: Body fluids helps move wastes through cells and out of the body. The main villain is the toxin, blood urea nitrogen, a water-soluble waste that can pass through the kidney, Guest said. “Your kidneys do an amazing job of cleansing and ridding your body of toxins as long as your intake of fluids is adequate.” Adequate levels of fluid allow urine to flow freely.
- All Pooped Out: Drinking water helps promote fluid flow in the gastrointestinal tract and prevent constipation. With inadequate water levels, the colon takes water from stools to main hydration levels. “Adequate fluid and fiber is the perfect combination, because the fluid pumps up the fiber and acts like a broom to keep your bowel functioning properly,” Koelemay said.
Azure Water’s state-of-the-art equipment can generate 5,000 cases of water a day, including alkaline spring water and artesian mineral water. We can make custom-bottle shapes, and fill, seal and label your bottles. If you want to expand your business or have questions about co-packing, contact us.