Cleanse Your Body with a Water DetoxDecember 23, 2015
Pick the ones that apply: Fatigue, chubbiness, bad breath, constipation, muscle aches, bad skin. According to mindbodygreen, if you chose any or all of these, you could be suffering from toxin overload. The solution: a water detox.
Experts say having any one of those symptoms isn’t necessarily an indicator of health problems and may not warrant a visit to the doctor’s office. A simple fix – before consulting your doctor – might be as easy as rearranging some lifestyle priorities.
Here at Azure Water we go into greater depth of the individual symptoms to explore their significance in our individual lives.
- Fatigue: Many of us at times feel tired and worn out and no amount of extra sleep seems to remedy that feeling. More coffee or extra sweets just doesn’t seem to have any lasting impact. So, what do you do? This could be a warning sign of high levels of body toxins.
- Weight gain: You go to the gym, reluctantly. You’re trying to eat better, but that extra weight just doesn’t want to go anywhere. That wide waistline or rear end has no plans of vacating the premises anytime soon. This could be an indication that your hormones are skewed. Ironically, high toxin levels could be hampering your body’s ability to function naturally. A water detox – or a complete, no-holds-barred one – could be just the trick to get those extra pounds packing their bags.
- Bad breath: You may not notice it at first. But when others, close by, seem to clutch their throats as if choking (or make funny faces) as you’re chatting with them may be a clue that you got stinky breath. Brushing your teeth doesn’t do the trick. It’s time for a detox.
- Constipation: Your intestines spend their working hours removing toxins from your body. Constipation is kind of like a logjam, congested traffic that has come to a standstill. Nothing moves and toxins begin to accumulate. (You get the picture.) While constipation can lead to other problems, it is often caused by consuming too many toxin-laded processed foods filled with chemicals, pesticides and preservatives. Think detox.
- Sensitivity to scents: It could just be that whiff of fragrance that sets your head spinning. You may be reacting to certain chemicals – or your body could be struggling with toxin overload.
- Muscle aches: You haven’t gone to the gym or exercised recently, but it sure feels that way. Toxins could be attacking your muscles and joints. If you regularly experience muscle aches and pains, you might want to head to the detox.
- Skin reactions: Toxins could be affecting your skin with outbreaks of acne, rashes or puffy eyes. Your skin care products may contain toxins. Sudden outbreaks on your skin could be a sign you’ve reached your toxic limit, according to mindbodygreen.
The solution is easy. Here are steps from mindbodygreen that will you put you on the path to the good life:
- Try some herbs: Dandelion tea, parsley, cilantro and milk thistle are recommended.
- Drink more water. Lots more. As a rule, shoot for this target: Divide your weight in pounds in half. That number is how many ounces of water you should drink per day. (A 200-pound person should drink 100 ounces of water, for example.)
- Exercise at least 30 minutes day.
- Take digestion-helping probiotics: either in supplement form or with yogurt, sauerkraut, miso soup or kim chi.
- Brush your teeth – and your tongue. Tongue scrapers are good.
- Breath deep. Our lungs expel toxins.
- Go organic with your skin care products. Exclude fragrances, sulfates, phthalates, parabens and other potentially toxic-based ingredients. Read labels carefully.
- Buy clean, whole and organic foods – when possible. (You don’t have to go nuts – figuratively speaking.)
We at Azure Water understand your desire to lead a strong, healthy lifestyle. That’s why we ensure our water undergoes such a rigorous purification. Azure Water’s facility uses state-of-the-art equipment that can produce 5,000 cases a day, including alkaline spring water and artesian mineral water. We can make custom-bottle shapes, and fill, seal and label your bottles. If you’re looking to expand your business or have questions about co-packing or our capabilities, contact us.